Welcome to Walterton and Elgin Community Homes
We are a Community Land Trust and Housing Association based in the Harrow Road ward of North Westminster. We own and manage 675 homes. We also have a community centre, park and provide some community and commercial spaces. WECH is a community own and democratically controlled organisation, with our residents in control.
WECH is a charitable Housing Association. Our aim is to provide homes at affordable rents for those in housing need. But WECH is not only a Housing Association, it is more over a Community organisation as we organise various community/ social services and events for the local community and therefore playing an active part in the regeneration of North Paddington.
WECH’s aim over the next ten years is to continue to provide a service that is based on knowing our residents personally and having specific knowledge of the condition of WECH’s property. WECH aims to build on the strong partnership between residents, staff, contractors, funders, local authority and statutory organisations and local voluntary organisations so that WECH can respond to the housing and other needs of our existing residents and contribute to the continuing regeneration of North Paddington.
WECH’s overall objectives are:
- To fulfil the commitment made to residents at the time of transfer
- To provide affordable high quality homes
- To manage and maintain efficiently all WECH’s homes and other property
- To maximise the number of improved homes that WECH produces consistent with its objectives
- To support and sustain an active community within WECH’s area of operation.